This coming Sunday, we have the privilege of having Dr. Jim Schettler as our speaker for our Revival Services which will run through Wednesday. Dr. Schettler will also be speaking for our teenagers during chapel on Monday through Wednesday at the Wilson Christian Academy.
Consider these quotes on the subject of Revival.
- In an eyewitness report of the great Welsh revival of 1904, G. Campbell Morgan wrote, “The horses are terribly puzzled. A manager said to me. ‘The haulers are some of the very lowest. They have driven their horses by obscenity and kicks. Now they can hardly persuade the horses to start working, because there is no obscenity and no kicks.’” – D.J.D. Our Daily Bread, September 26.
- Lady asked Billy Sunday: “Why do you keep having revivals when it doesn’t last?” He asked her, “Why do you keep taking baths?”
- Dr. J. Elder Cumming contended that “in almost every case the beginning of new blessing is a new revelation of the character of God—more beautiful, more wonderful, more precious.” – J. O. Sanders, Enjoying Intimacy with God, Moody, p. 14
- Revival is an invasion from heaven that brings a conscious awareness of God. – Stephen Olford
- Revival is that sovereign work of God in which He visits His own people, restoring and releasing them into the fulness of His blessing. – Robert Coleman
- Revival cannot be organized, but we can set our sails to catch the wind from heaven when God chooses to blow upon His people once again. – G. Campbell Morgan
- Revival is the people of God living in the power of an ungrieved, unquenched Spirit. – James A. Stewart
- The kingdom of God is not going to advance by our churches becoming filled with men, but by men in our churches becoming filled with God. – Howard Spring
- A genuine revival without joy in the Lord is as impossible as spring without flowers, or day-dawn without light. – C. H. Spurgeon
- A true revival means nothing less than a revolution, casting out the spirit of worldliness, making God’s love triumph in the heart. – Andrew Murray
- A revival means days of heaven on earth. – D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- Revival is the church falling in love with Jesus all over again. – Vance Havner
- In revival, the minds of people are concentrated upon things of eternity, and there is an awareness that nothing else really matters. – Brian Edwards
- Revival restrains the righteous anger of God, restores the conscious awareness of God, and reveals the gracious activity of God. – Stephen Olford