Another Email from Missionary Sid Messer

Below are some excerpts from an email sent to me from one of Susie’s sisters regarding the progress of their father, Mr. Beachell.

8:28 a.m. June 14th ….
On Tuesday, Daddy was pretty much the same as Sunday and Monday. He has enough pain that they have to keep him on the pain medication, but not so much that he is heavily sedated. He is peaceful and able to communicate some, although very weak. Monday morning Joe, my brother, asked him if he was ready for heaven. He said “Yes, I am.” Joe asked, “Do you have any fears whatsoever?” He said, “None, whatsoever.” Joe told him that Susie was flying in that afternoon to see him, so after that he can go on to heaven. Around mid morning he was asking for Jell-O, which they gave him. Susie and
Lydia did arrive safely and were taken directly to the hospital where Daddy is.

Tuesday evening, Joe (son), Neomi (daughter), Steve (son) and Susie (daughter) and their spouses gathered up in his room to sing, pray, and read some Scripture with Daddy. Debbie, Heidi and I (all daughters) were on speaker phones so that we could be present also. Each of us were able to talk with Daddy sharing thoughts from our hearts with him. It was such a wonderful and blessed time together! The most endearing part of it was when Daddy was asked if he had any praises. Daddy immediately started praying in a slow, weak voice, but still praising God for His goodness, thanking Him for seeing our family through all the hard times, for being there with us and guiding us each step of the way, and for the salvation of all his children. Here and there he would seem to doze a little, but then would gather strength and continue praying right where he left off. After that we each gave him our love and thanks and said goodnight.

Thank you for all your prayers! We can feel them!

(second message)

Daddy has been moved to Neomi’s (a daughter) house and Hospice is helping out. He is not in a lot of pain but is very weak. He has been eating Jell-O, milkshakes, purees and broth. He is not supposed to eat solids, because the doctors say that the swallowing muscles and stomach are the first organs to shut down, and he might choke. He is too weak to feed himself, so my sisters and sister-in-laws are taking turns feeding him and caring for him. He is able to carry on short conversations and has been cracking a joke here and there. I have been talking to him by phone and he is in good spirits. Doctors say at the rate he is going, he could be with us a few weeks or a few days. It will probably come on suddenly.

Well, I just wanted to let you know how things are progressing. Daddy is at perfect peace and is content. This is a very hard but very special time for us. Thank you for your prayers. It means so much to know that we are being held up in prayer by many people. God has been so good to us!


Two of the children have flown down to Colombia, South America in order to bring Isabela (their step-mother) and Jenny (the youngest sister) here to the states so that they might be together with Mr. Beachell as well. Please pray that if it is the Lord’s will that it would be possible for all of them to be together during this special time.
For His Glory,
Sid Messer
Missionary in Ecuador
Eph. 1:12


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s