On Sunday, we looked at the next message in the series “God is Big, Really Big!” The title of the message was “God’s Answers are Bigger Than My Questions.” Everyone has questions:
- What am I going to do with my life? What will I be?
- Will the kids turn out all right?
- What will tomorrow bring?
- What will happen to the economy? What about my job?
- Will I find the right person to be my soul mate? and so on . . .
- Jesus said that the clamor of the crowd was – WHAT SHALL WE EAT? WHAT SHALL WE DRINK? AND WHAT SHALL WE WEAR?
- There are Spiritual questions: Who is God – What is He like? When will I die? – Where will I go? – What will it be like?
- Then there are the philosophical questions: Which comes first the chicken or the egg, Can God create a rock too big for Him to pick up?
- The one I liked best,” If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it fall, does it still make a noise?”
- Or lately I read one that said, “If I am in the forest talking and my wife is not there to hear me, Am I still wrong?”
More often than not our questions come down to the one question, “Why?” Job asked that same question of God after losing his fortune, his family, and his physical health. God answers Job in chapters 38-42, but not like Job wanted. God answered Job with a series of around eighty questions. Those questions can be summarized by three questions: (1) Who Created the Universe? (2) Who Controls the Universe? (3) Who Comprehends the Universe? The answer to all of Job’s questions was “God.” Job needed to see that God is big, really big! You can listen to this message by following this link or visit our sermons page.